Wednesday 17 December 2014

Confessions of an air travel virgin


The plane is about to take off.
I'm already feeling dizzy. 
This is my first time on a plane.
I'm scared.

After multiple assurances from parents that it'll be fun, I finally agreed to travel via an airplane. I'm already regretting that decision. After successfully avoiding air travel for all of the 23 years of my life, I'm finally on a plane. 
And now it's airborne. 
There's no backing out now.
Apart from the 15 seconds of the high speed take off, nothing's bothered me till now.
TILL NOW.
This flight from Nagpur to Pune is roughly an hour for the regular travelers, but for me.. IT'S A WHOLE FREAKIN' HOUR!!!!

After watching several kinds of not so pretty airplane tidbits in shows like The Twilight Zone and even Mr. Bean, I am here inside a plane, some 3000 feets above Mother Earth. 
WHAT WAS I FREAKIN' THINKING!!

Ohh.... I just felt something in my stomach. This is not a good sign. 
This plane's vibrating like anything!! And I'm sitting here between 2 seemingly regulars, scared out of my wits. God please don't make me throw up here. Not inside this plane.Any-FREAKIN'-where but this plane!!!! 
Well maybe I'll have a cool story to share with my friends but not at the expense of my digni...... Dear Lord it's vibrating again!! 

(40 minutes later....)

Hey it's landing!!!! 
I've done it!! I've travelled in an actual plane without going through any embarrassing shit I was afraid of since ages!!
Now I'm feeling like a total dumbo. There was nothing to worry about here. Apart from that tingling I felt for a few seconds, the entire flight was as smooth as a Volvo bus ride, minus the rough roads and with an added bonus of a saving of 12 hours!!!!
I could do this again. Hell yeah I'll do this again. I'll make my best friend Pankaj travel with me this time. He has a fear of heights. 

Now that would be fun! His expressions would be Gold. I've earned the right to enjoy that.

Haven't I ????

No comments:

Post a Comment