Sunday 18 January 2015

BCCE diaries (OR How to stop worrying and be Awesome)






Another picture from my past that has gained an iconic status today. 
This set of 2 snaps describes the entire story of the 1st year of our engineering in Nagpur, which I was fortunate enough to be a part of. Imagining what was going on inside our teacher's (who's wearing pink if you still haven't got which one is he) mind at this very moment, always give me a chuckle.

It was plain and simple. It was teachers vs. students.
Couldn't put it any other way. 
End of story.
And this guy was the epitome of what our teachers hated. Lets call him Pranay.

He had this one thing- He just didn't give a sh*t. 
He tried. Really hard. 
But he just couldn't.
Let me take you back to the 1st day of B.E., when I met him for the very 1st time. I was dumping my stuff inside my bag as soon as we got the 1st break, when he passed by, stopped and waved at me. To quote the legendary Humphrey Bogart, this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Or so I thought. I mean yeah it was beautiful, but with a hint of crazy, unbalanced, disturbed.... you get the idea. And I couldn't think of more synonyms for crazy.

As the session progressed, it became pretty clear that the teachers despised his guts.
Unpredictable was written all over him.
There was this one time when he made a meme featuring one of the faculty, followed by a few more memes.
I'll have to give him this. His devotion was unmatched.
More memes followed. He made a total of 26 memes in a span of 6 days.
But this wasn't enough for that demented soul.
The memes spread like wild fire. In a couple of days, everyone and their granny had access to them.
It didn't take long for the principal to know. Someone ratted on him.
What followed was BAD. We weren't surprised even one bit when the results of 1st Unit test were announced. He had done a disaster, or lets say that the faculty made sure that he did a disaster.
But this didn't change anything. He kept coming up with new tactics to provoke the faculty.
The entire class engaged in rowdy antics throughout the session, spearheaded by this frail, vulnerable looking guy who was anything but that.
Finally the session came to an end, but the incidents didn't.
I once wrote this piece reminiscing our glory days :

                         



Today, 4 years later, Pranay is one of the very few students of our batch who succeeded in landing a good job, and is doing pretty well there.
Just heard from him last night.
I think he's up to something.
I'm SO gonna get something for a future blog.

5 comments:

  1. This brought the old memories back.. I just wanna say.. this article of yours is like petrichor. Bros for Life... Thanks a ton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was badly needed PJ
    And thanks Rohit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job !
    Thankx for revoking old Memos

    ReplyDelete